What is the Camp Quest Leadership Summit?
Over a weekend, Camp Quest holds an annual summit providing training sessions, roundtable discussions, and opportunities for connecting with other CQ Leaders.
Leadership Summit 2023: Columbus, OH November 3-5
The Camp Quest Summit will take place in Columbus, OH, from November 3-5, 2023. Sessions will take place Friday and Saturday, and Sunday morning. Join us at the Hyatt House OSU/Short – North in Columbus, Ohio.
Camp Quest’s annual summits are opportunities for volunteers and staff to come together for a weekend of workshops, panels, and fun.
See you in Columbus!
2023 Leadership Summit Schedule
- 3:00-5:00pm – Arrival and Check-in
- 6:00-7:30pm – Welcome Reception (hors d’ oeuvres & Refreshments will be served)
- 7:30-11:00pm – Hangout Room (Light snacks will be available)
- 9:00-10:00am – General Opening & Keynote
- Building Connection – Play, Conversation, Facilitation Speaker: Jack Schott, The Summer Camp Society
- 10:15-11:45am – Session Block A (two choices in this block)
- CIT/LT Round Table (Room A) Facilitated by August Brunsman and Brooke DeVoy, CQ Ohio plus Meg Jackson and Kiah Penfield, CQ NorthWest
- Navigating Sensitive Topics at Camp (Room B) Presenter Shawn Jeffers, Camp Quest Ohio
- 12:00-1:00pm – Lunch
- Camp Roundtable: Let’s Talk Connections! Moderated by Jenny Knejfl, Camp Quest National Staff
- 1:15-2:45pm – Session Block B (all together)
- Network Activity Round Robin (Room B)
- 3:00-4:30pm – Session Block C (Two options during this session)
- Running an Escape Room at Camp (Room A) Presented by Julia and Ryan Shayto, Camp Quest Kansas City
- Camp Quest Inc. Board of Directors Candidate Panel (Room B) Moderated by Sam McGuire, National Board of Directors
- 4:45-5:45pm – Session Block D (all together)
- Facilitating Authentic Relationships Through Fun Facilitator: Jack Schott, The Summer Camp Society
- 6:00-7:30pm – Camp Celebration Hour (light dinner will be served)
- 7:30-11:00pm – Hangout Room (snacks will be available)
- 9:30-10:30am – Meet and Greet
- Camp Quest Inc. Board of Directors and Executive Director Moderated by Chase, National Board of Directors Chair & New ED
- 10:45-11:45am – Wrap Up
- 12:00-1:00pm – Goodbyes (Grab and Go Lunch)
- 1:00pm – National Board of Directors Meeting
Summit 2023 Conference sponsor
Signage at all receptions and events, mentions online, listed on all schedules, inclusion of a brochure/pamphlet in our participant bag and space to display information and/or brochures for the entirety of the event.
Listed on all schedules, signage at receptions, mentions online, inclusion of a brochure/pamphlet in our participant bag and space to display brochures during the receptions.
Listed on all schedules, signage at your sponsored meal, inclusion of a brochure/pamphlet in our participant bag.
Your name on a sign at a coffee station.
Contact the Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any Summit sponsorship questions.