Camp Quest seeks to provide an inclusive camp experience, which is shaped by celebrating diversity and allowing campers to discover the natural world around them as they forge lasting friendships in a supportive, like-minded community.
Our vision is that all Camp Quest campers come as unique individuals, learn and share in educational and inquisitive adventures, and leave as enriched individuals, confident in making an impact and passing on their humanist values in their own home communities.
Through our programs, we seek to:
- Develop inclusive communities that celebrate diversity
- Foster inquisitive thinking and exploration of the natural world
- Cultivate empathy and relationship building as foundations of an ethical, productive, and fulfilling life
- Provide a safe and fun environment for personal and social growth
National Support Center
The Camp Quest Support Center offers essential services to camps to help them provide high-quality camp experiences. We support the development of new and established camps by providing program and training resources, offering fundraising support, and working with camps to ensure network-wide program standards. The Camp Quest Support Center is based in Staunton, VA.
Camp Quest, Inc. provides the following services to its affiliates:
- Use of the Camp Quest name and logo
- Brand recognition – legitimacy as a member of a widely recognized, freethought camp community
- Eligibility for inclusion in Camp Quest, Inc.’s group tax exemption, conferring 501(c)(3) status (available to U.S. licensees only)
- Eligibility for camp-starting grants and campership funds promotion and marketing support, which may take the form of materials, electronic media, etc.
- Increased visibility to potential camp families
- Opportunities for networking and information sharing with other Camp Quest affiliates
- Operational and program guidance, which may include some IT resources, standardized forms and templates, etc.