Open Position: Summer Camp Director
Location(s): Greenfield, MA (Day Camp)
Camp Quest, Inc., is in the middle of exciting changes and growth and currently seeks an energetic and passionate individuals for its new camp locations in Greenfield, MA for the position of Summer Camp Director.
The Summer Camp Director is responsible for the overall success of their designated camp program and its continued growth including all aspects of staff management, camper and family relations, program development and management, camp risk management, budget oversight, and adherence to the Camp Quest mission. Camp programs are to be created and implemented for children ages 5-16 that fosters critical thinking, free thought, and fun. This position supervises all camp program areas and camp staff/volunteers. The ideal candidate possesses compassionate people skills, solid management skills, and organizational skills.
This is a temporary, seasonal position beginning in May with an end date in August. Pre-season responsibilities are part-time and can be done from any location with access to the internet. During camp season, July and August, this role is full-time.
For overnight camp, the Summer Camp Director is required to live onsite during summer months when camp is in session; Lodging is provided. Day Camp Directors are not required to live on-site, but lodging can be arranged for the Massachusetts location, if needed.
The ideal candidate has:
- Camp experience, with minimum 2 years of camp leadership.
- Excellent abilities both to collaborate with a team and work autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility for day-to-day management of camp
- Demonstrated creativity in developing age-appropriate activities for children ages 5-16.
We are seeking 2 individuals, one for day camp and one for overnight camp; however, for the right candidate will consider combining positions for a total of 6 weeks of on-site camp management.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: May– August 2022
SUPERVISES: Summer Program Leader (1) and Group Counselors (6-15)
- Location: Camp Quest Blue Ridge, Thaxton, VA:
- Camp Type: Overnight Camp
- Dates of Camp: July 10-16; and July 17-2
- On-site: July 5-July 23 (includes staff training)
- Salary: $4500-5500
- Camp Quest Pioneer Valley, Greenfield, MA:
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Camp Dates: July 25-29; August 1-5; and August 8-12
- Camp Hours: 8:30-4:30pm; Extended Care: 7:30-8:30am and 4:30-6:30pm
- Camp Training: July 6-9
- Salary: $4000-5000
All Staff Training to be held at Blue Ridge Camp location July 6-9; lodging and meals provided. Camp employees are entitled to a discount for dependents attending camp.