Halfway through our blogger contest the teams raise the stakes!
We are about halfway through the PZ Myers vs. Team Underdog blogger fundraising contest for Camp Quest, and the battle rages on! PZ is still ahead, but Team Underdog is strategizing for their late-game comeback. A few quick highlights:
1. Hemant Mehta, the Friendly Atheist, started a rumor that PZ would shave his beard if Team Underdog won. PZ turned the tables by offering to shave his beard if he won, effectively sowing confusion among those who wanted to shave vs. save PZ's beard.
2. Team Underdog, adopting the moniker of Team Awesome, went on a recruiting spree and gained several more members. The current membership of Team Awesome is:
- Greta Christina, Greta Christina's Blog
- Hemant Mehta, Friendly Atheist
- Jen McCreight, Blag Hag
- JT Eberhard, Atheism Resource & his new blog WWJTD
- Adam Lee, Daylight Atheism
- The Chaplain, An Apostate's Chapel
- Digital Cuttlefish, at The Digital Cuttlefish
- Matt Dillahunty, of The Atheist Experience
- C.L. Hanson, of Letters from a broad
- Sikivu Hutchinson, of Black Skeptics Group
- Phil Ferguson, of Skeptic Money